The aim of Wisibilízalas is to fight stereotypes that associate working in science in general and technology in particular, with the male gender. The contest aimed at primary and secondary schools wants to:
- Build reflection on the lower visibility of women in science and technology
- Give visibility to women working in the field of ICT
- Boosting female references in the field of science and technology
Thus, the participants will have to create a website which describes the career (biography, outstanding results, curiosities ..) of at least two contemporary Spanish women working in the field of ICT (in Spain or abroad). They should be relevant profiles of women leaders within their local environment or women working in the fields of ICT. The language of publication is free. The best contents will be included on Wikipedia pages, in collaboration with Wikimujeres.
You can participate in groups of maximum 10 students in any educational institution in Spain between 12 and 18 years. Students under 12 are also invited to participate, to compete for a special prize: Junior Wisibilízalas.
Participation will be open until 9 December 2016 at 5.00 p.m. The delivery will be made by sending an email to wisibilizalas [at] upf.edu containing: Name of the center, address, name of the reference teacher, names of team members and link to the website created.
The prizes are:
- 1st Prize: 3D printer category I
- 2nd Prize: 3D printer category II
- 3rd prize: five kits Makey Makey
- Junior Wisibilízalas: 3D printer (students under 12)