The mSchools program, which promotes the integration of mobile technologies in the classroom, launched its fourth edition in a conference held in the framework of the Mobile World Congress. The Mobile Learning Awards 2018 were also delivered.
The director of the Mobile World Congress, John Hoffman, inaugurated the day "Changing education together", thanking teachers who create the future through teaching, to believe that change is possible and to make it happen. He emphasized that in past editions of the program, "we have been able to explore how changes in society and technology quickly lead to the need to improve education" and that this year aims to better understand the leadership that has to be done to assume the teaching staff. Hence the motto of the day: "Leading the digital transformation".
The event brought together more than 500 directors from schools, representatives of the education sector and those responsible for educational policies, and had the participation of Francesca Bria, commissioner of Technology and Digital Innovation of the City Council of Barcelona; Jordi Puigneró, secretary of Telecommunications, Cybersecurity and the Digital Society of the Generalitat; and Genís Roca, founder and president of RocaSalvetella.
Delivery of the Mobile Learning Awards 2018
This certainly recognizes the most innovative projects of teachers, schools and AMPA of Catalonia through the use of mobile technology in education. The winners were announced during the "Changing education together" session. They were these:
Modality Better experiences and classroom proposals with digital technologies
- 1st prize: Núria Ferré, Institut Comte de Rius (Tarragona) - Electrical installations; of 2D plans to virtual reality.
- 2nd prize: David Llamas and Domènec Rusca, Frederic Martí Institute (Palafrugell) and Escola Carrilet (Palafrugell) - STEAM, design thinking, video games and 3D printing in the classroom? Yes, we can.
- 3rd prize: Mercè Vilà i Roser Espelt, La Vila School (Palamós) - Gamify the classroom in primary school! Ancient Greece: The trip to Emporion.
- Special mention: Jaume Feliu and Laia Palou, Institut Salas i Xandri (Sant Quirze del Vallès) - Natiofera Biodiversity Congress.
Modality Innovative schools in the application of digital technologies
Category Educational Centers:
- Badalona VII Institute, Badalona - B7 mTech High. We transform the Institute with our own apps.
- Escola Mossèn Albert Vives, La Seu D'Urgell - AV Robots: Robotics and Computational Thought at the Mn Albert Vives School.
- Escola Puig de les Cadiretes, Llagostera - We expand our tools.
- AMPA CEIP Drassanes, Barcelona, with the project "Towards DrassanesLab: Technology and knowledge against the digital divide".
The mSchools program aims to promote learning with mobile technology, improve digital skills and entrepreneurship, and build an open environment for mobile education. To achieve these goals, it promotes different actions, such as the mSchools Student Awards, which will open in April.