The 2018 call for these renowned international awards, organized by EQUALS Global Partnership is underway. Women's access to technology, the promotion of skills, women's leadership and research projects are the four categories in which both self-candidates and nominations can be presented to other people.
EQUALS Global Partnership is a network that brings together 55 companies, organizations, United Nations agencies and research organizations that work together to bring technology to women and girls at the same time, in the technological sectors. One of the initiatives promoted every year is the EQUALS in Tech awards.
This past March has released the EQUALS in Tech Awards 2018. The objective is to reward innovative initiatives that help overcome the digital divide of gender. The call consists of four categories:
- Access: Improving access to digital technology for women and girls, connectivity and security.
- Skills: Support for the development of science, technology, engineering and the mathematical skills of women and girls.
- Promote the participation of women in the roles of decision within the field of ICT.
- Initiatives promoted by companies in the technological sector to overcome the digital divide of gender.
- Research: Initiatives that work to expand digital knowledge.
The prizes are open to civil society, government agencies, the United Nations system and international organizations, companies and academics. Self-nominations and nominations are accepted to third parties.