Digitization is seen today as a key element to achieve quality and inclusive education . Today, the mastery of digital technologies (from now on TD) is more necessary than ever as an essential part of anyone's basic skills. The report 'How to promote the digital transformation of the school?' from the Bofill Foundation.
The pandemic situation caused by covid-19 highlighted the problems and difficulties of the Catalan education system and its shortcomings in this area. This is why the Catalan Department of Education has promoted the Digital Education Plan of Catalonia 2020-2023 , focused on training in digital skills and with the aim of technologically equipping the system.
One of its main actions is the hybrid learning model design, "which offers the opportunity to incorporate TD with the aim of achieving a more flexible, personalized, inclusive and student-centered educational model". We show you the key ideas and advantages :
- Versatility : Combining the best of both systems (face-to-face and online) makes it possible to include more authentic and varied instructional materials, as well as innovative learning activities.
- Opportunity to reduce digital gaps : Enable spaces in centers and community environments with technological equipment available to students.
- Organize centers and teaching teams for hybrid education : Design the center's digital strategy aimed at educational transformation.
- Design authentic learning experiences : Well-developed learning environments become ecosystems of personal work, communication and collaboration between all members of the community (teachers, students and families).
- Customize virtual learning environments : Ensure a virtual learning environment that allows collaborative work, communication and synchronous monitoring.
- Well-being, security and digital autonomy .