What are the latest trends in coworking? What kind of professional occupy these work spaces? What kind of synergies will there be? The blog Worktel responds these questions in the article Five Trends for Coworking Spaces in 2017. It points out some of the prevailing tendencies which will apply to coworking spaces in 2017:
- Niche coworking: It is a trend that has been increasing in popularity on a global scale. It is a specialization of shared workspaces, the space allocated exclusively to one sector workers. Thus, these areas become highly targeted to your target audience.
- The growth in the number of SMEs and new tenants: Most of the coworkers have so far been self-employed and freelancers. It is now expected that the small and larg enterprises also adopt this type of workspaces and they will consider them as focal points of innovation.
- New services: There will be an effort to attract other types of services, including audit services, consulting and business competition.
- Type of coworkers: Professional from the communications, design, consulting sectors, etc. remain the most frequent users of coworking spaces. However, there may be new types of professionals interested in the use of these areas, with emphasis on "liberal" professions "liberal" however.
- Adaptability: The coworking spaces must show they are able to adapt to the ever changing needs of new working environments.