The call is now open for this year and is aimed at students who have submitted a thesis or final project degree, master's or postgraduate course during 2015-2016. The period for submitting applications will remain open until Thursday 15 September 2016 at 12 noon. The proposals submitted candidacy to various awards must be submitted by email email@example.com .
Establishes two categories of participation:
- Category I: Final project completion or master's or graduate; a prize worth € 1,000
- Category II: Doctoral thesis; a prize worth € 1,500
A technical committee composed of professionals from the Centre of Excellence in Big Data will evaluate the projects according to the criteria mentioned below and weighted differently depending on the category in which the project was presented:
- Originality and creativity
- Technological innovation
- Degree of maturity of the project definition
- Problem solved or that need covering
- Competitive advantages, impact and socio-economic benefits
The Technical Committee will select the five finalists in each category. In a second phase, the jury will choose the winning project in each category.
The prizes to the winners of the 2nd edition of Big Data Talent Awards will take place during the second edition of Big Data Congress, to be held on 4 and 5 October 2016 at the Auditorio Imagina Barcelona. For more information see the rules of the call .