This is the second edition of the call , which reaffirms the Government's commitment to promote female digital entrepreneurship as a key instrument to increase the presence and leadership of women in the technological field . The grants must help to consolidate emerging technology-based companies founded and led by women, which are in the initial phase of their business activity.
Applications for these subsidies, which are registered under the DonaTIC Plan , can be submitted until October 5 . The amount of aid per beneficiary company will be a minimum of €15,000 and a maximum of €35,000 .
What are the requirements?
- Equipment requirements:
- Having a woman or more women in the founding team.
- Must be a natural person with a shareholding in the company (a minimum of 50% of the company in deeded shares) and who develops some area of responsibility in the company. This woman does not need to hold the position of CEO, but she does need to be part of the management team of the company.
- The founding team must be committed to the growth of the company and devote most of their working time to the company.
- Requirements regarding the company
- Be a company with growth potential and technological base established in Catalonia, with more than one year and less than 3 years of life since its establishment (with respect to the date of publication of the call).
- Be constituted according to one of the following legal forms: limited liability company, joint stock company, labor company or cooperative company.
- Not having been a beneficiary of this same subsidy in the previous call.
Companies wishing to apply for subsidies must submit a report that complies with the assessment criteria established in point 10 of the regulatory bases. Those who obtain a score equal to or higher than 50 will access the aid, until the budget of the call, which is 500,000 euros, is used up. Here you can get more information about the bases, the call and how to access the procedure.
The need for female talent in the ICT sector
According to CTecno's Barometer of the ICT sector in Catalonia 2021, only 6% of companies' ICT positions
Catalans are occupied by women. A fact that shows a deep gender gap and that women are less represented in the technological labor market related to the talent of the ICT supply sector in Catalonia.
This is why the DonaTIC Plan seeks to empower women in the technological field, both in the educational and professional fields and to influence and make an effort with concrete actions and policies so that girls and women see the sector as a place to develop -to positivize these professions and make them more attractive.