Barcelona City Council will conduct workshops to learn how to teach other people or groups how to carry out a safe and private political participation in the Decidim.Barcelona platform. If you like adult training, you are helping in participation processes and ask questions about the opportunities and challenges of new technologies regarding political participation, these workshops may interest you.
The first workshop to be given will be entitled "Private and safe political participation through new technologies". It is especially aimed at people who are already giving workshops on technologies for adults. Therefore, we believe that it could be of the interest of the e-facilitators who work in Barcelona.
Dates and place
The course will take place from November 3 to 11, at the Casal de Barri Diagonal Mar (C / Selva de Mar, 22-32). Specifically, the days and hours will be:
- Friday, November 3, from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday 4 November, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Friday, November 10, from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday November 11, from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Digital security and privacy and political participation are usually treated in separate areas. This workshop will teach theoretical and practical notions about tools and methodologies to promote political participation processes promoted or facilitated by the use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT). At the same time, tools and practices will be presented to protect privacy and increase digital security, for people as well as for groups of civil society and social movements. Participants will learn more about their ability to share this knowledge with other people or organizations.
- Presentation of the participants, their experiences and trajectories in training areas.
- Introduction to the ADIDS adult education methodology.
- Methodological principles to include in gender, cultural diversity and, in general, an intersectional perspective when training is provided to various audiences.
- Challenges and common problems associated with training, facilitation, training in matters of privacy and digital security.
- Challenges and common problems associated with training, facilitation, training in matters of political participation.
- Presentation of participatory methodologies and exercises to promote the learning of contents that deal with privacy, security, political participation.
- How to plan a sensitization session and how to plan a technical training session.
- How to plan, prepare, evaluate and track training on privacy, security, political participation.
- Mapping resources and content repositories available to provide workshops on privacy, security and political participation
- Introduction to the curricular repository We decide. How it works, how it can be used, how to create new content.
- Next steps after training, network sharing and best practices.
The registration period is already open and can be made through this form.