Countdown to the 2016 TEAC! For the eighth consecutive year Telecentre Europe (TEAC) is organizing its annual conference TEAC 2016 . This year's meeting will be held from 6 to 8 October in Ghent (Belgium) under the theme "Digital skills for future work." The program of activities is now available!
Policies and practices around the digital skills for future technologies and new forms of employment focus the agenda of 6 October. Delegates will be able to provide what citizens' needs and plan interventions to give them support. On 7 October deepen the discussion on future skills for learning and recruitment, and how industry and government can help organizations adapt to this new scenario. It also organized a forum to explore possible transferable learning projects between member organizations. The registration for the TEAC is now open.
Then the full program of the day:
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 5
- Evening: Dinner and informal record
Thursday, October 6
- 9:00 - 12:30: Visit the three telecentres Ghent. Optional activity.
- 12.30 - 14.00: Lunch
- 14:00 - 15.50h: Opening session by Martine de Regge, deputy mayor of Ghent Jakobsone Mara, President of Telecentre Europe. Then the debate "digital skills for the work of the future" with:
- Alexander De Croo - Minister for Digital Agenda
- Rodrigo Ballester - Member of Cabinet of Commissioner Tibor Navracsics
- Saskia Van Uffelen - CEO Ericsson Belux
- Eva Pascoe - advises the UK Government
- 15:50 - 16:30: Coffee break and group photo
- 16:30 - 18: 00h: Interactive Session 1: Workshop on "Future Trends report"
- 19:30 - 22: 00h: Networking and dinner
FRIDAY OCTOBER 7
- 9:00 - 10: 15h: debate "digital skills for the work of the future" with:
- Jason Blackstock, professor and head of the Department of Science and World Affairs at the University College London
- André Richer, Unit facilitators essential Technologies, Digital Manufacturing and Interoperability Directorate General Internal Market, Industry and SMEs
- 10:15 - 11:30: Interactive Session 2: How-to Workshop
- 11:30 - 12: 00h: Coffee break
- 12:00 - 13: 00h: Roundtable: "Finding the way to work" with:
- Martine Tempels, Vice President of Telenet for Business
- Alexander Riedl, Deputy Head of Unit, Digital Economy and Skills, EC
- Karsten Simons, head of strategic operations, Cisco Systems
- 13:00 - 14: 15h: Lunch
- 14:15 - 15: 30h: Interactive session 3: unconference. During the registration and participants are invited to propose topics of healthy discussion and lead them.
- 15:30 - 16: 00h: Coffee
- 16:00 - 17: 15h: Project Lightning Talks - Plenary
- 17:15 - 17: 30h: Closing and summary
- 19:00 - 21: 00h: Awards Telecentre Europe
- 21:00 to 23:00: Reception social
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 8:
- 10:00 - 11: 00h: Guided tour through the city of Ghent
- 13:00 - 17: 00h: Visit the Fair Digital Ghent