On May 25 will take place in Barcelona the conference "The new paradigm of open science and innovation: challenges and opportunities for Catalonia". It is part of the workshops on the joint quadruple helix innovation system of Catalonia, which is part of the current debate is the European Union.
The objective of these meetings is to define concrete proposals for Catalonia and also relevant to the European Union. The conference of May 25 will focus on the challenges and opportunities of the paradigm shift in open science and innovation models and focused on the challenges of society. Then will come the innovation camp of 6, 7 and 8 June, where they will discuss how to articulate the processes of entrepreneurial discovery in the context of research and innovation strategies for smart specialization and which is the rol that can have social digital and collaborative innovation in the joint complex and effective response to the great challenges of society.
The conference "The new paradigm of open science and innovation: challenges and opportunities for Catalonia" will take place on Thursday May 25 from 9 am to 2 pm, in the School of Public Administration of Catalonia (Carrer de Girona, 20. Barcelona). To participate you need to register by sending an e-mail to dg.promocio.veh [at] gencat.cat. Capacity is limited and places will be reserved in order of registration.
The program is as follows:
9:00 Registration Assistance
9:15 Welcome, by Pere Aragonès, Secretary of Economy.
9:30 pm Lecture "Open Innovation, Open Science and Open to the World: Opportunities and Challenges of a New Paradigm" by Tuija Hirvikoski member of the Open Science Policy Platform, an advisory body to the European Commission.
10:00 Report "The vision of the government," by Jordi Puigneró, Secretary of Telecommunications and Digital Society Cybersecurity; Francesc Subirada, Managing Director of Research, and Joan Romero, executive director of ACCIÖ.
10:30 Coffee break
11:10 Round Table I: "The vision of universities and research and technology"
- Moderator: Elisabetta Marinelli, a member of the Joint Research Center (JRC) of the European Commission
- Speakers: Francesc Xavier Grau, director of the University and Chair of the Knowledge Region Roviri i Virgili University; Josep Maria Martorell, associate director of the Barcelona Supercomputing Center; Esther Real, Vice President for Knowledge Transfer UPC, and Xavier López, director and general corporate operations Eureco.
12:05 Round Table II: "The vision of companies"
- Moderator: Albert Castellanos, CEO of Economic Development, Competition and Regulation, the Government of Catalonia.
- Speakers: Anna Forment, Everis; Jordi Marin, CEO of Microsoft Catalonia; Ramon Pastor, vice president and general manager of 3D Printing and HP Campus in Barcelona, Mar Alarcon, Executive Director of Social Car.
13.00 Roundtable III: "Good Practices of joint quadruple helix model of innovation"
- Moderator: Ricard Faura, the Directorate General of Digital Society of the Generalitat of Catalonia.
- Speakers: Yolanda Triviño of Valkiria Hub - Coworking; Rosina Malagrida, the Living Lab Health; Tomás Díez, Fab Lab Barcelona and Artur Serra, Deputy Director and member of i2cat ENoLL.
14.00 End of the day