It wants to recognize the fundamental role of women in the professional, business and academic world in the field of ICT, as well as disseminating references of women in the field of ICT to promote STEM vocations (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) in the younger ones. Deadline: November 15th.
According to data from the European Commission, only 30% of the nearly 7 million people who work in the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) sector in Europe are women. Women are under-represented at all levels of the ICT sector, especially in decision-making positions.
Tertulia Digital and the SmartCat strategy, with the collaboration of the Women, Business and Economy Observatory of the Barcelona Chamber of Commerce, launch the third edition of the 12x12 ICT Women Award.
The call has seven categories:
- Entrepreneur: For founders or co-founders of active TIC companies.
- Professional: For workers in the sector.
- Academic / Researcher: For women who are devoted to ICT training and / or research.
- Disclosure: For communication professionals linked to ICT.
- TIC Women's Revelation: For women with a short but relevant career and remarkable.
- University: For ITC career students who have developed outstanding projects or initiatives.
- FP: For students of training cycles that have developed outstanding projects or initiatives.
- Business: Any company that has developed initiatives to evaluate the role of women in ICT.
- Entity, training center or institution: Any entity, training center or institution that has developed initiatives to evaluate the role of women in ICT.
The awards ceremony will take place during the 12x12 Congress "The ICT meeting of New Year's", to be held on December 14 in Barcelona.
To submit applications, fill out this form before November 15, 2017.